STATEMENT ON OWN RESPONSIBILITY:
Definition: In this statement the word “Active Weekends activity” includes any activity as hiking, winter snowshoe hiking, rock climbing, trail running, ski, camping, transport from the accommodation to the activity destination and back to the accommodation.
- Through this statement I liberate of any responsibilities and obligations the organiser/mountain guide, regarding the loss or destruction of personal belongings, injuries and in extreme conditions, even death, that I might suffer as a result of my participation in these activities.
- I hereby declare that I took notice of the information regarding the difficulties of the tours, about the physical effort at which I will be exposed, and about the mandatory gear required, especially the importance of hiking boots, a warm sweater and a raincoat.
- I hereby declare that I do not suffer from any serious diseases that might stop me in making physical effort.
- I am aware that by participating in Active Weekends activities I will be exposed to some objective risks that can’t be controlled entirely:
WEATHER: strong storm/ fog, lightning strikes, rain, strong wind, extreme temperatures.
TERRAIN: avalanches, steep slopes with risks of sleeping, rocks falling, floods, landslides, trees falling, altitudes which require acclimatization.
PLANTS/ANIMALS: wild animals, poisonous plants and mushrooms.
DISEASES: Diseases that can occur from altitude, water, plants, animals and the difficulty of keeping the hygiene during the activity.
TRANSPORT: the risks of traveling with a vehicle on public roads.
5. I agree that we need to take all the precautions in order to reduce the risks and increase the safety of the group, but it’s not possible to have a 100% safety environment in the outdoors.
6. I agree in respecting the values of ecoturism and protection of nature by keeping the sound pollution at a low level, avoiding leaving any kind of garbage behind, avoding leaving the trail without the guide’s permission, avoiding picking off protected flowers, avoiding drawings on rocks or trees.
7. I hereby declare that I accept the risks and dangers that can occur in the Active Weekends activities and I agree with the terms and conditions of this statement.
8. I confirm that I have the proper age and that I have read the statement and understood the terms and conditions before I signed it. I also confirm that I take full responsibility of my child safety.
GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
As per the new regulations EU (679/2016) which refers to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) I hereby declare that I agree with the use of my personal contact details of the organiser for invoices, e-mails with origanizatoric information, Facebook posts and phone calls in case of emergencies.
The hiking trails difficulty differs from one place we visit to another, depending on the number of walking hours, and the level difference which we ascend and descend, as it follows:
Very easy hikes (GREEN): Easy walks and sightseeing with duration up to 3 hours with elevation up to 200 meters.
Easy hikes (BLUE): 3-4 hours, with a level difference up to 500 meters. These tours are recommended for beginners, tourists without any mountain experience but fit to engage some physical effort.
Moderate hikes (RED): between 5 and 7 hours, with a level difference up to 900 meters. Occasionally these trails can have some steep/dangerous sections which DON’T require technical gear or rope. These tours are recommended for hikers with an average level of fitness, and are performing, occasionally or recurrently, some type of physical activities or sports, and are capable of sustaining a constant level of physical effort.
Intense (not extreme!) hikes (BLACK): between 8 to 9 hours with a level difference up to 1500 meters, steep ascending and descending and 1 or more dangerous sections which require extra focus. These tours are recommended for experienced hikers, with a good level of fitness, accustomed with mountain trails, hike regularly or who are constantly practicing physical activities (sports, etc.)
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION:
The tours bookings are confirmed when a pre-payment is receieved from the client. The pre-payment amount is decided based on the total value / services within the tour.
In case of cancellation the money will be refunded as per bellow:
- 100 % refund if cancellation notice is received 1 month before the tour.
- 50% refund if cancellation notice is received 1 week before the tour.
- 0 % refund if cancellation notice is received less than 1 week before the tour.
Recommended gear: In order to be able to fully enjoy the tour, there is some basic hiking gear required: hiking boots with adherent sole, waterproof and preferably with high ankles, breathable t-shirt, warm blouse (in a bag in the backpack), jacket (waterproof), rain coat, hiking poles (optional), small backpack aprox 30, 2 l water bottle, sunscreen, sun hat, food for the trail (sandwiches, carbohydrate-rich energy bars, granola, trail mix and fruit provide an instant pick-me-up on the trail,a bag for the waste).
*For winter hiking the company will provide you with: snowshoes, avalanche tranceivers (if the case), gaiters, hamlets.
TOURS FLEXIBILITY – Depending on the group request, physical condition of the participants, weather conditions etc., tours can be altered on the spot.